This week’s episode of Destination Linux, we’re going to talking about our experience at the 19th annual SCALE conference. Plus, we have our tips/tricks and software picks. All this and more coming up right now on Destination Linux to keep those penguins marching!
Hosts of Destination Linux:
Ryan (DasGeek) = dasgeekcommunity.com
Michael Tunnell = tuxdigital.com
Jill Bryant = jilllinuxgirl.com
Want to Support the Show?
Become a Patron = https://tuxdigital.com/contribute
Store = http://tuxdigital.com/store
You can comment on the forum thread below or fill out the contact form at https://tuxdigital.com/contribute
- 00:00:00 = Welcome to DL 289
- 00:00:56 = Community Feedback: Brave Browser and Brave Search
- 00:11:50 = DigitalOcean: Cloud Platform ( https://do.co/tux2022 )
- 00:13:27 = Our experience of going to SCaLE 19x
- 00:14:25 = We all met in person for the first time
- 00:14:20 = Our Favorite Parts of SCALE
- 00:19:00 = Ryan & Michael Testing Steam Deck on a Airplane
- 00:24:48 = Our Favorite Events at SCALE
- 00:25:49 = MC Frontalot Live Show
- 00:30:33 = Linux Chix LA Won SCALE Award
- 00:32:51 = What Did We Learn New at SCALE?
- 00:38:02 = Jill’s Special Gift for Michael at the TuxDigital Booth
- 00:40:23 = Funniest Moments we had at SCALE
- 00:45:27 = Our Favorite Interactions at SCALE
- 00:52:59 = Our Biggest Disappointments from SCALE
- 00:55:46 = Will DL At SCALE Be Repeated?
- 00:59:45 = Check out Gardiner Bryant’s SCALE recap video
- 01:00:43 = Bitwarden Password Manager ( https://bitwarden.com/tux )
- 01:02:32 = Linux Gaming: Steam Deck on a Plane
- 01:10:09 = Software Spotlight: NNN (file manager)
- 01:16:25 = Tip of the Week: Timestamp in Bash History
- 01:18:43 = Linux Events
- 01:20:14 = Become a Patron of Destination Linux
- 01:19:56 = How To Watch The Show LIVE
- 01:20:56 = TuxDigital Store to get awesome swag
- 01:21:48 = Go to TuxDigital.com for more great content!
- 01:22:26 = Rate our show on your Podcast App (5 / 5 Stars of course)
- 01:22:37 = Thanks again to SCALE for the great conferece
- 01:22:58 = Outro
So I love the show, listen every week. But I think Jill’s gonna get me here more then you other young whippersnappers here. Hard to believe it’s coming up on 30 years since I installed those Slackware floppies myself! Hate that may job keeps me in the Windows ecosystem, dual booting or using VMs.
So anyway, not to blather too long: Between this week, and you’re looking for a less intrusive alternative to Chromium, and last week’s discussion of the ye olde terminal of yore to navigate the computer in days gone by, that no mention was made of the Lynx browser. I checked, it’s still out there. Low overhead. Stable. Pretty sure it’s not spying on you. And it is, without a doubt going to end up being the FASTEST loading web browser anyone who hasn’t used it has ever seen! For…reasons.
Guys, ya’ll keep on rockin and Jill…treasure hunt, Commodore Pet or an Osbourne, let’s go!
Sam in WV
Arch is the way.
p.s. Michael, I use a stool too…it’s called a drum throne, infinitely cooler when thought of that way
Continue the discussion at forum.tuxdigital.com
1 more reply