[tdpodcast mode=”ytembed” podcast=”thisweekinlinux” episode=”85″]
On this episode of This Week in Linux, we have a jam packed episode with BIG releases from Ubuntu, KDE Plasma, antiX 19, RPM and more. We’ve also got some really interesting news from a BSD based project that is migrating to Linux. We’ll also cover an interesting security topic regarding SUDO that has been making the rounds recently. Samsung announced the end of Linux on DeX and Google finally is releasing AMP to the community. Later in the show we’ll check out a really cool Linux client for Playstation 4 Remote Play and some new Humble Bundles. All that and much more on Your Weekly Source for Linux GNews!
Sponsored by: do.co/tux
[tdpodcast mode=”downloads” podcast=”thisweekinlinux” episode=”85″ bitchute=”1″]
[tdpodcast mode=”patrononly” podcast=”thisweekinlinux” episode=”85″ patronextras=”0″ patronshowstream=”0″ patronaftershow=”0″]
[tdpodcast mode=”subscribe” podcast=”thisweekinlinux”]
- 00:49 = Sponsored by Digital Ocean · [link]
- 01:47 = Ubuntu 19.10 & Ubuntu Flavours Released · [Links: ubuntu.com, kubuntu.org, lubuntu.me, ubuntu-mate.org, xubuntu.org, ubuntustudio.org, ubuntukylin.com]
- 07:12 = KDE Plasma 5.17 Released · [kde.org]
- 10:43 = Much sudo About Nothing · [Links: sudo.ws, zdnet.com]
- 14:30 = Project Trident Ditches BSD for Linux · [project-trident.org]
- 17:04 = Linux on DeX is Dead, Says Samsung · [Links: xda-developers.com, omgubuntu.co.uk]
- 20:39 = openSUSE OBS and Name Change Updates · [Links: lizards.opensuse.org, news.opensuse.org]
- 23:23 = Housekeeping
- 26:44 = antiX 19 Released · [antixlinux.com]
- 28:55 = RPM 4.15.0 Released · [rpm.org]
- 29:42 = Google Removes WireGuard & andOTP from Google Play Store · [Links: phoronix.com, play.google.com, zx2c4.com, zx2c4.com, phoronix.com, github.com, play.google.com]
- 31:29 = Google Unplugs AMP, Sent to OpenJS Foundation · [Links: amp.dev, theregister.co.uk]
- 36:06 = Chiaki: Open Source PS4 Remote Play client · [Links: github.com, gamingonlinux.com]
- 38:23 = Philosophy for Geeks by Wiley · [humblebundle.com (affiliate link)]
- 41:49 = Computer Productivity & Coding by Mercury Learning · [humblebundle.com (affiliate link)]
- 39:45 = Developing Your Own Games by Springer · [humblebundle.com (affiliate link)]
- 40:24 = Outro
Test if you are affected but the sudo vulnerability:
sudo grep -r '!\s*root\>' /etc/sudoers /etc/sudoers.d/ | grep -v '^\s*#'
I do wonder what is going on with BitChute. Last This Week in Linux was posted October 5.
There are a lot of others who grab their videos off YouTube on a daily basis, and they are up like clockwork.
Maybe a complaint to them is in order.
I wasnt aware, I will look into it
Continue the discussion at forum.tuxdigital.com