On this episode of This Week in Linux, Bloomberg launches and Open Source funding initiative, Docker rolls back their blunder for Free Teams on Docker Hub, Debian releases survey results on the usage of money in Debian, System76 teases in-house built laptop, and we discuss whether or not it is time to stop recommending Solus. All of this and so much more on Your Weekly Source for Linux GNews!
Podcast (thisweekinlinux-mp3): Download
Subscribe: Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
- 00:00 = Intro to TWIL 221
- 00:21 = Bloomberg Launches Open Source Funding Initiative – [ link ]
- 03:38 = Docker Free Teams Fiasco Rolled Back – [ link 1 | link 2 ]
- 06:40 = The New KDE Discuss Forum – [ link ]
- 08:54 = LINBIT – [ https://linbit.com/ ]
- 10:09 = Vanilla OS Rebasing on Debian Sid – [ link ]
- 12:17 = Survey Results: The Usage Of Money In Debian – [ pdf download ]
- 14:02 = Is It Time To Stop Recommending Solus? – [ mastodon thread | boilingsteam.com | warning about Solus ]
- 16:22 = Linode Cloud Services – [ https://linode.com/tux ]
- 17:40 = System76 Teases In-House Built Laptop – [ link ]
- 18:47 = Google Security Researchers Accuse CentOS of Failing to Backport Kernel Fixes – [ link ]
- 23:09 = New Styles System for Cinnamon Desktop – [ link ]
- 24:25 = Bitwarden Password Manager – [ https://bitwarden.com/tux ]
- 25:52 = Halo: The Master Chief Collection Gets Steam Deck Support – [ link ]
- 26:52 = Counter-Strike 2 Announced – [ link ]
- 27:42 = Heroic Games Launcher 2.7.0 Released – [ gamingonlinux.com | github ]
- 28:33 = Outro
We have a response here from Josh Strobl on Solus, looks like he is back onboard.
Quote from Josh,
“We will be sharing a plan that involves familiar faces re-joining the project or collaborating in some form, new organizational structure, improved transparency, elimination of bus factor across the board, Solus 4.x and even early plans for Solus 5. It is important to note that this plan has been approved by all concerned Solus team members and those members will be staying aboard the ship, working in a more cohesive and transparent manner for all.
All the best,
The new Solus team.”
Guess someone heard your request for more information.
“Joshua Strobl and original Solus project founder Ikey Doherty are both becoming re-involved with the Solus Linux distribution”
Thanks for sharing the link. I did see this announcement and plan to include it in the next TWIL this week, this week is going to be just SLAMMED with news which is kind of normal around this time, the weeks prior to Ubuntu releases are quiet and the week of is usually crazy lol
Thanks for this @MichaelTunnell ! I think the best news of the week, for me, is the Debian report on payments to developers, especially as it’s my daily driver and has been for almost ten years now, I think. Also Bloomberg contributions are great and I hope the trend continues too!
Continue the discussion at forum.tuxdigital.com