On this episode of This Week in Linux: Linux 5.17, Asahi Linux for Apple Silicon, Apps For Using Elgato Stream Deck In Linux, AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0, Steam Coming To ChromeOS, Xbox Cloud Gaming For Steam Deck, Ubuntu Gets A New Logo, KDE’s Okular (PDF) Eco-Certified, herbstluftwm 0.9.4 Released, Netfilter Firewall Security Hole Found, Open Source False Advertising, Ads In Microsoft File Explorer?, My Video: How To Edit KDE Plasma Panels, Hannah!_Montana OS. All that and much more on Your Weekly Source for Linux GNews!
Podcast (thisweekinlinux-mp3): Download
Subscribe: Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
- 00:00 = Welcome to TWIL 190
- 00:33 = Linux 5.17 Released? (Coverage from TWIL 189)
- 01:09 = Asahi Linux First Alpha Release for Apple Silicon
- 02:34 = Apps For Using Elgato Stream Deck In Linux ( Bitfocus Companion, Boatswain, Reddit Project )
- 03:56 = DigitalOcean: App Platform ( https://do.co/tux2022 )
- 05:16 = AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0
- 07:33 = Steam Coming To ChromeOS & Google Stadia & Wine
- 09:24 = Xbox Cloud Gaming For Steam Deck
- 10:16 = Bitwarden Password Manager ( https://bitwarden.com/dln )
- 11:35 = Ubuntu Gets A New Logo
- 13:17 = KDE’s Okular (PDF) Eco-Certified
- 15:33 = herbstluftwm 0.9.4 Released
- 17:29 = Visuex.com: Design & Digital Marketing ( https://visuex.com/dln )
- 18:37 = Netfilter Firewall Security Hole Found
- 21:04 = Open Source Meets False Advertising
- 23:10 = Ads In Microsoft File Explorer?
- 24:38 = My Video: How To Edit KDE Plasma Panels
- 26:14 = Hannah!_Montana OS
- 27:05 = Outro
Thanks, @MichaelTunnell - as fun and informative as ever! I think the Asahi Linux is the best news of the week, though I’ve never bought an Apple product myself. Also reviving a part of Linux history I have missed-out on completely, the Hannah!_Montana you mention is great too. It has a release cycle to rival Slackware’s, perhaps?!
More seriously though, is the MS File Explorer snooping on folder contents for this advertising that accidentally happened? Wouldn’t surprise me, sadly.
Continue the discussion at forum.tuxdigital.com