This week’s episode of Destination Linux, we will be discussing what makes Linux secure? Then we talk about Flatpaks getting their eviction papers in Ubuntu Flavors. Plus, we have our tips/tricks and software picks. All this and more coming up right now on Destination Linux to keep those penguins marching!
Hosts of Destination Linux:
Want to Support the Show?
You can comment on the forum thread below or fill out the contact form at https://tuxdigital.com/contact
- 00:00:00 = Welcome to DL 314
- 00:00:40 = Community Feedback
- 00:10:58 = Linode: Cloud Services – [ linode.com/tux ]
- 00:12:28 = We answer the question “Can Linux Get Viruses”
- 00:35:51 = Bitwarden Password Manager – [ bitwarden.com/tux ]
- 00:37:39 = News: Ubuntu Flavours Removing Flatpak By Default – [ link ]
- 00:48:46 = Gaming: Superliminal (cool puzzle game) – [ link ]
- 00:54:06 = Software Spotlight: unsnap – [ link ]
- 00:55:10 = Tip of the Week: how to install Flatpaks in Ubuntu
- 00:56:40 = We’re Going to SCALE 2023!!! – [ link ]
- 00:59:39 = How to become a Patron of DL – [ link ]
- 01:01:35 = Get some awesome DL Merch at TuxDigital.com/Store – [ link ]
- 01:02:55 = More great content at TuxDigital.com – [ link ]
- 01:03:28 = Outro
Tip of the Week:
Our tip of the week is how to install Flatpaks on Ubuntu.
sudo apt install flatpak
You can also install it into the Gnome store using
sudo apt install gnome-software-plugin-flatpak
Then add the Flathub repository with:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
Or just got to Flatpak.org/setup/ubuntu and follow the setup process there.