This week’s episode of Destination Linux, we will be interviewing Mark Shuttleworth, the CEO of Canonical and the company behind the development of the Ubuntu operating system! All this and more coming up right now on Destination Linux to keep those penguins marching!
CEO of Canonical
Hosts of Destination Linux:
Ryan (DasGeek) = dasgeekcommunity.com
Michael Tunnell = tuxdigital.com
Jill Bryant = jilllinuxgirl.com
Want to Support the Show?
Become a Patron = https://tuxdigital.com/contribute
Store = http://tuxdigital.com/store
FORUM THREAD ►►
CONTACT FORM ►► https://tuxdigital.com/contact
- 00:00:00 = DL 322 Intro
- 00:00:49 = Linode: Cloud Services – [ linode.com/tux ]
- 00:02:14 = Community Feedback
- 00:07:57 = Bitwarden Password Manager – [ bitwarden.com/tux ]
- 00:09:11 = Interview with Mark Shuttleworth of Canonical / Ubuntu
- 00:09:31 = Mark’s Origin Story of His Journey into Linux
- 00:12:14 = The Founding of Canonical & Ubuntu
- 00:15:55 = What Is Most Exciting To You About The Growth Of Open Source?
- 00:17:33 = Do You Have Any Concerns About The Growth Of Open Source?
- 00:19:04 = What Role Does Ubuntu Community Play With Shaping Canonical?
- 00:21:16 = How Do You Deal With The Harsh Criticisms?
- 00:24:17 = Speaking of Unity DL Crew Share Unity Nostalgia
- 00:25:33 = Canonical’s Key Focus Areas
- 00:25:40 = Importance of Internet of Things (IOT)
- 00:27:04 = Details on Canonical’s Hardware Partnerships (maybe Framework?)
- 00:30:04 = Snap Format & The Criticism Around Snaps
- 00:34:18 = Why Is The Snap Store Closed Source?
- 00:38:01 = Plans To Improve The Snaps Format
- 00:39:14 = Mark Learns About Michael’s Aversion to Updates
- 00:41:13 = The Motivation Behind Creating Snaps & Snapd
- 00:42:50 = Michael Shares The Value of Multi-Distro Packages
- 00:43:20 = Michael Clarifies His Update Aversion
- 00:43:46 = Adding BTRFS Support In Ubuntu?
- 00:48:17 = Mark’s Thoughts On AI & Will AI Be Leveraged At Canonical
- 00:52:25 = The Ethics of AI & Some Experts Wanting AI Expansion Paused
- 00:56:18 = What Are You Most Proud Of About Canonical?
- 01:00:51 = What Is It Like To Be In Space?!!
- 01:03:56 = Lightning Round
- 01:05:32 = Interview Wrapup
- 01:07:29 = Outro
Great video. Mark is an interesting guy and nice, he says he addresses the shortcomings of snaps. Time will tell.
If you thought Marks words were inspiring about space. Then you really need to think about living on a Blue dot.
Continue the discussion at forum.tuxdigital.com