This Week in Linux 105: 8GB RAM Raspberry Pi, Ardour 6.0, Audacity, Kali Linux, DirectX on Linux?
On this episode of This Week in Linux, the Raspberry Pi Foundation announces a new 8GB RAM version of the Raspberry Pi and there’s a new release of Kali Linux. We’ve also got some big updates for two audio editors in Ardour 6.0 and Audacity 2.4.1. We’ve got a new version of the Enlightenment window manager with 0.24 and a new tool for making Bootable USBs called Ventoy. We’ve got an update on the GNOME “Patent Troll” Case, it’s been resolved. EA is releasing Source Code for 2 Command & Conquer Games. Microsoft is back in the news with 2 new items this week . . . one shows they may be really changing announcing DirectX for Linux . . . yea not really, of course there is a catch, it’s Microsoft. Also Microsoft figured that pretending they are doing something good for Linux wasn’t enough so they created a name collision with the Maui Project. All that and much more on Your Weekly Source for Linux GNews!
Downloads & Media
Notice: there seems to be an issue with our MP3 downloads provider so if you are experiencing issues then please go over to YouTube or LBRY, alternatively you can wait for the MP3 service issue to be addressed. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for this to be resolved at the moment.
- 00:01:22 = New TuxDigital & TWinL Merch in the DLN Store · [link]
- 00:02:48 = Raspberry Pi 4 Now With 8GB of RAM · [raspberrypi.org]
- 00:07:28 = Ardour 6.0 Released · [Links: ardour.org, Unfa video]
- 00:13:27 = Audacity 2.4.1 Released · [audacityteam.org]
- 00:18:12 = Sponsored by Digital Ocean · [do.co/dln]
- 00:19:56 = Enlightenment 0.24 Released · [enlightenment.org]
- 00:23:26 = Kali Linux 2020.2 Released · [kali.org]
- 00:26:44 = Ventoy 1.0.12 – Make Bootable USBs · [Links: ventoy.net, reddit.com, github.com]
- 00:33:05 = Destination Linux · [Links: destinationlinux.org, DL173, DL174, DL175]
- 00:34:11 = Become a Patron of TuxDigital & TWinL · [tuxdigital.com/contribute]
- 00:35:46 = GNOME Patent Troll Case Resolved · [Links: gnome.org, zdnet.com]
- 00:46:34 = EA Releasing Some Source Code · [ea.com]
- 00:49:50 = Windows: DirectX & Linux Apps on WSL · [Links: microsoft.com, airlied.blogspot.com, zdnet.com, phoronix.com]
- 00:57:57 = Microsoft’s Name Collision with MauiKit · [Links: nxos.org, medium.com, microsoft.com, github.com, reddit.com]
- 01:05:08 = Outro